Weiwuying 2023 Call for Foreign Language Volunteers
Eligibility and Requirements
- Volunteers must be between 20 and 65 years of age (inclusive). We are looking for individuals who are passionate about art and cultural events, committed to community service, able to deliver well-articulated and clear messages, communicative, and work well with others. New immigrants and foreign citizens are required to provide their Alien Resident Certificate for application.
- The ability to interpret and communicate in English, Japanese, Korean, or any other foreign language. Certificates of any form may be attached to the application, but language proficiency certificates are preferred. Fluency in Mandarin (proficient in both speaking and listening) is also appreciated. For more information on volunteer eligibility, please refer to the Recruitment Brochure for the 2023 Call for Foreign Language Volunteers.
- Computer skills in word processing are greatly valued.
- Volunteers should punctually commit to at least two shifts per month (including one holiday shift) and average at least 10 hours per month for more than a year.
- Volunteers must abide by the rules on relevant tasks and duties and should be flexible in assisting with various activities or tasks.
I. Tour guide team
- Regular tours daily
- Help with various tour-related activities (including those held in foreign languages)
II. Service team
- Customer consultation service at the Service Center
- Assist with or provide support for various events organized by Weiwuying
Application and Review
- Application period: between Thursday, September 7, and Tuesday, October 31, 2023; the date on the postmark shall be considered the date of application.
- Application procedure: please fill out the application form (see the attachment or download the form online) and submit the application by email or mail to Weiwuying to complete the application procedure.
1. Application form: (Download the recruitment brochure)
2. Applying by email: please send your application to email@example.com using '[Full name] National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts (Weiwuying) Foreign Language Volunteer Application' as the subject line.
3. Applying by mail: please send your application to the Customer Service Group, Business Development Department of Weiwuying at No. 1, Sanduo 1st Rd., Fengshan Dist., Kaohsiung City 83075 (please note on the envelope cover 'National Kaohsiung Center for the Arts (Weiwuying) 2023 Foreign Language Volunteer Application')
- Preliminary document review: We will send emails to all applicants who pass the preliminary review on Monday, November 13, 2023. This email is a notification of review result and an invitation complete a secondary interview, which shall be held from November 24-26, 2023. If you do not receive an email, we regret to inform you that the maximum capacity for this opportunity is currently reached.
- We will send emails to all candidates on Monday, December 4, 2023, to inform them of the result of their secondary interview. Candidates who pass the secondary interview will be invited to join in the training program.